Image from: Beachbody Blog
Chicken sausage is probably one of favorite all time meats. If you find the kind that doesn't have nitrates and is clean, it's such a great meal. It can be mixed with anything or eaten alone. Chicken sausage mixed with summer veggies are one of our FAVORITE meals. We eat this all the time actually. Add a little spice or some Trader Joes Green sauce and we are perfectly happy.
Share with me your favorite way to each Chicken Sausage?
Marinated Summer Veggies with Chicken Sausage
Total Time: 58 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 8 min.
Yield: 4 servings
2 tsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 lb. green beans, ends removed
2 medium zucchini, sliced
2 medium summer (crookneck) squash, sliced
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
1 medium red onion, sliced
4 cooked chicken sausages, sliced
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
1. To make marinade, combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, and garlic in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Place green beans, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion in a re-sealable plastic bag (or large bowl). Add marinade; shake to blend. Let sit for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat grill or broiler to high.
5. Place veggie mixture on a large sheet pan (or broiler pan). Add sausages; mix well. Spread out evenly.
6. Grill or broil for 4 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften.
7. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
• Look for all-natural chicken sausage that does not have preservatives and is not high in sodium.
• You can start with raw or cooked sausage, just make sure it’s cooked when you add it to the veggies.
Recipe found at: https://www.teambeachbody.com/teambeachbodyblog/nutrition/marinated-summer-veggies-with-chicken-sausage-recipe?referringRepId=479477